East Lancs Half Cab Double Deck Bus

East Lancashire coachbuilders was formed in 1934 and started life building bodies for van, lorries and small coaches. The first double deck bodies were built in 1938 and the company soon established itself as a major supplier of such vehicles to an assortment of mainly municipal operators however it's customer base soon expanded to embrace all types of operators in both the UK and overseas.

Between 1959 and 1969 East Lancs built over a 100 forward entrance double deck buses on various chassis for an array of operators, these vehicles were usually fitted with a folding entrance door but some customers preferred a manually operated sliding door.

The OOC model can be produced with four different front cowls, Leyland PD2, Leyland PD3, Daimler CVG6 and AEC Regent V, additionally either a sliding of folding entrance door can be reproduced and there is also a choice of either a side or rear positioned emergency exit. The first releases appeared in the first half of 2002.

Click the catalogue number to view the related model details & larger pictures.
Cat No. Chassis Operator Fleet No. Registration Route No. Destination Released